08/05/2020: Includes fixes for SEO Metadata, email notification for comment submission, and the Blog RSS Feed
The Insercorp Development Team has released an update to the Blog Module which fixes issues with SEO Metadata, Email Notifications for Comment Submission, and the Blog RSS Feed.
Blog Module version 2.2
- Previously when the RSS Feed for the Blog module was being accessed over https the links to the articles in the feed would be broken. This has been resolved so that the article links generated in the RSS Feed will now properly detect https and be created accordingly.
Search Engine Optimization Improvements
- Updated the following meta tags to pull from the blog article rather than the website defaults to improve Search Engine Optimization:
- Updated the Links in the Blog Module RSS Feed to use the Search Engine Friendly URLs to improve the results
Social Media Marketing Improvements
- Updated the following meta tags to pull from the blog article rather than the website defaults so that when the article is shared to a social media platform the information is properly reflected.
- We have updated the notification email sent to Website Administrators when a comment is submitted to include the title of the article the comment was for, as well as to link the admins to the comment.
- We added a link to the Admin Notification email to bring them right to the comment in the CMS.